Gentle Drum Healing Training
A Collaborative One-Day plus One-Evening Training Program
What is Gentle Drum Healing?
Using the ancient healing power of a combination of the Native Frame Drum, Crystal Bowls, Didgeridoo, Flute and Chant to help you bring powerful and ancient healing practices into your current healing/ therapeutic programs. No need to learn how to become a drum circle facilitator or play complex rhythms. Just come with an open heart and a desire to heal, yourself and others.
- Holding sacred space
- Exercises to open the heart, relax the body and un-clutter the mind
- Rituals and Chants
- Use of accessible instruments
- Basic rhythms
- Playing techniques on numerous instruments
Who is this For?
Anyone who wants to incorporate the power of rhythm and sound focusing on the Native Frame Drum into their personal and professional lives.
- Music therapists/Music teachers
- Drum Circle Facilitators/Drummers
- Addiction and Recovery Counselors
- Camp/Youth Counselors
- Grief Counselors
- Senior/Geriatric Services
- Sexual Abuse and Domestic Violence Counselors
- Complimentary Health Practitioners
- Social Workers/Psychologists
- Disaster Relief workers/Emergency services Staff
- Spiritual Seekers/Chaplin/Church Leaders
Who can benefit:
- Social/Emotional Disorders
- Behavioral/Learning Disorders
- Eating/Self Harm Disorders
- Youth at Risk/
- Addictions of all kinds
- Brain Injuries/Strokes
- Mental Illness/Chronic and Acute
- Chronic/Acute Stress
- Chronic/Acute Pain
- 10 hours of intensive training
- A TEAM of high quality facilitators
- Team Leader, Judy Atkinson, a 20+ year Healing Drum Facilitator
- Access to reduced drum rentals until you build your own collection
- Reduced rate drum purchases and professional drum kit recommendations
- A “Certificate of Completion”
- Lunch, tea/coffee and snacks
- Access to Judy for ongoing Life or Professional Coaching, (@ $125/hour)
You will be blessed with the expertise of Jamie Gore and Julien Lepage, informed by Judy Atkinson, the founder of Circles of Rhythm, bringing over 30+ years of combined experience leading drum circles. You will also have the benefit of numerous healing musicians as guest facilitators. Together we all bring a fresh new approach with their combined years of experience and individual talents.
Jamie Gore, WDCF, Gentle Healing DCF, General Manager Circles of Rhythm, Artist
Judy Atkinson, BA, MA, DCF, Founder Circles of Rhythm.
Dates, Location, Pricing:
October 27, 2019
Location: Calgary Canoe Club – 7C6, 7305 Crowchild Trail SW, Calgary, AB
$275/Per Person/per session
Fees are processed upon registration. Please contact Julien if you have any questions or concerns. Refunds issued for cancellations made within 2 weeks of the session, a $50 admin fee will be held back. Registration is transferable to another person for the same workshop date.
Or call to discuss details: Julien Lepage – email@example.com – 403.479.6968