The Circles of Rhythm Foundation’s (CORF) aim is to bring the benefits of the Integrated Community Drum Circles (ICDC) to those affected by “The Three R’s”: Recovery, Resiliency, & Reconciliation. The UNITY annual fundraiser along with government grants will help fund the important mission of the CORF & other commUNITY agencies who are supporting affected marginalized populations in Calgary and the surrounding area.
RESILIENCY- servicing people who:
- Identify as victims of abuse
- Living on a limited income
- Experienced adverse childhood events
- Have immigrated to Canada
RECOVERY- servicing people who:
- Struggle with substance abuse & addiction
- Live with mental health concerns
- Have a physical or mental disability
- Live with a chronic health concern
RECONCILIATION – honouring & supporting our:
- Indigenous Peoples of North America
- Peoples impacted by the Indian Residential School legacy
- Leaders in Indigenous reconciliation & conversation
PROGRAMMING & COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
INTEGRATED COMMUNITY DRUM CIRCLE
- Offering, affordable Integrated Community Drum Circle (ICDC) programming to Non-Profit Organizations who otherwise could not afford to fund “one off” -or- ongoing community offerings.
- “One off” bookings
- 10-week programs
- Year long, monthly drumming programs.
SUSTAINABILTY & LASTING PROGRAM INTEGRATION
TRAINING PROGRAM, CONSULTATION SERVICE, & MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- Providing customized training workshops to Non-Profit Organizations looking to offer sustainable programming using the Integrated Community Drum Circle (ICDC) methodology.
- 2-3 day trainings Level I & Level II programing
- Learning materials & facilitator training manual
- Subsidized “Drum Kit”
- Funding mentorship, coaching, and supervision hours offered by Circles of Rhythm Master ICDC Facilitators to optimize learning & integration into agency.
- 1 on 1 coaching/consulting
- Group facilitation & integration seminars
- Facilitator skill evaluation & mentorship program
COMMUNITY AWARENESS & PUBLIC SERVICE
FUNDRAISERS & PUBLIC EVENTS – Aligned with “The 3-R’s”
- Using the Integrated Community Drum Circle (ICDC) to raise awareness of a social cause, bringing people together through rhythm. Social causes must be consistent with “The 3-R’s”.
- Larger events
- Community Gathering
Agencies interested in bringing the ICDC to their organization will need to apply to the Circles of Rhythm Foundation (CORF) for approval.
- Applications will be reviewed by the CORF based on the following:
- Alignment of CORF vision and mission with the applicant
- The applicant’s client population served falls under “The 3-R’s”
- The applicant agrees to actively participate and contribute towards the development of a sustainable & meaningful community for their clientele (ei: staff support & participation, promotion of service to clients & community, financial commitment to offset for subsidy received by the CORF)
**Funding provided by the CORF is intended to subsidize regular rates based on the Circles of Rhythm booking regular rates.
***The CORF is not yet equipped to accept applications – if you or your agency is interested in applying in the future, please contact us directly to be placed on our waiting list.
If you wish to make a donation/contribution to the foundation, please contact Julien Lepage, President of the Circles of Rhythm Foundation at:
Thank you to those who attended our First Annual Fundraising event June 15, 2019! Stay tuned for next year’s event!
Thank you for your unconditional generosity!